Is this movie worth your $9.50?

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Crazy Stone (2006)

Will the real crazy stone please stand up?

It is been a week since my last entry. As you might notice, there are not a lot of good movies for the past week (or should i say, those movies aren't my cup of tea). However, a certain movie stands out among the rest. Yes, its a chinese movie. Yes, it doesn't command a lot of time slots (only like 3 per day?) And yes, its Crazy Stone. (thats the name of the movie, not some reason i'm conjuring)

At the helm of the movie is 28 year old director, Ning Hao. And surprise surprise, Crazy Stone is his first movie! The movie certainly did not show any signs of inexperience from him. The pace is tight and the plot keeps the audience engaged. Ok, ok. I can see that you guys are dying to know the story. Just give me some more writing space to express my expertise. No? Ok here goes...

A very expensive piece of Jade was found and 3 groups want a piece of the action. Lets name the security party as B, the 3-crazy-robbers group as A and the professional thief master as C. B protects the jade and A and C want to steal the jade. A,B and C keep surveillance near the jade. C in a BMW (don't touch me. You will the meaning after watching) and A and B in a hotel. Coincidentally, A and B not only stay in the same hotel, they are neighbours. B has a hard job as both A and C take turns to steal the jade. B has to devise of a plan with limited resources.......

Still with me? I might not convey the whole story as accurrately as the main plot and sub plot intertwine like a vine. Go watch it. This is definitely worth the ticket price. The dialect itself is enough to justify the ticket price. I hereby lay my crazy balls for those who think this movie sucks, oops i mean crazy stones.

4.5/5

No comments: