Is this movie worth your $9.50?

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Lucky Number Slevin (2006)

Goodkat, Bad dog.

Twists and turns galore as Lucky Number Slevin tries to be Pulp Fiction.

How many times have you encounter cases of mistaken identities? Not much for me. People move on after realising I'm not the person they thought I am. Slevin doesn't have that kind of luck. A case of mistaken identity throws him into a mob war. Wrong place, wrong number. Or is it?

The feud between The Boss (Morgan Freeman) and The Rabbi (Sir Ben Kingsley) reminds me of the eternal hostility of Romeo & Juliet. Although just a block away, tension runs so high that once either The Boss or The Rabbi leave their stronghold, they will be shot immediately. Capitalizing on the bad blood, Goodkat (Bruce Willis) offer to help the both of them to finish their unfinished business. How? Well of course I'm not telling you. Goodkat is a phantom character. You will never know which side he is on until the last moment. He is cool and sophisicated. A professional hitman.

Slevin (Josh Hartnett), on the other hand, is a bummer who just had a very unlucky day. And the day got worse when both The Boss and The Rabbi accuse him to be Nick Fisher. Plot thickens eh? Well you guys just have to catch the movie on your own. Can't reveal too much here. Don't want to spoil the mood.

Overall an interesting movie with a convoluted plot. However, it can cut down on the dialogue. Trying too hard and for a period of time I thought I was watching a comedy. Let's end this review with a clever dialogue rather than a corny one; "I bet it was that mouth that got you that nose. "
Well and I can say that :"I bet it was what you did that got you in this shit. Cheers, its Karma."

XXXx (3.5)

No comments: